Repair, overhaul and reclamation of Ex equipment
Manufacturers producing new Ex equipment in accordance with their Ex equipment certification regime cannot be held responsible for actions taken during Ex repair and overhaul, required during the whole life cycle of the plant.
IECEx Certified Service Facilities Scheme provides Ex equipment users,
regulators and community with the confidence that Ex equipment is repaired, overhauled and/or reclaimed properly by an IECEx certified service facility in accordance with this scheme.
Ex service facilities that achieve IECEx certification are required to demonstrate compliance with stringent IECEx requirements including:
- Operational procedures and repair, overhaul and reclamation techniques that meet IECEx technical/management requirements encompassing IEC 60079-19
- Possession and maintenance in operating condition necessary facilities and equipment including test equipment and traceability of measurements
- IECEx Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, based on ISO 9001
- Competent responsible person and operatives with current competencies related to repair, overhaul and reclamation of Ex equipment Standards or certification requirements, encompassing IEC 60079-19 and
Unit of Competency Ex 005 set forth in
IECEx OD 504
- Others necessary for proper servicing of Ex equipment
Applying for "Part 5" service facility certification
Ex service facilities involved in the repair, overhaul and/or reclamation of Ex equipment can apply to ExCBs in the United States for service facility certification. The current U.S. ExCB approved to provide this "Part 5" service is:
Further information is available directly from the USNC/IECEx Secretary via the coordinates shown below…