IECEx Educational Initiatives
In addition to the principal objectives of the USNC/IECEx as detailed on our
Homepage, our committee is involved in educational initiatives regarding the IECEx System. These initi2020 IECEx Operational Meetingsatives
involve symposiums, presentations, papers and articles in association with organizations interested in international hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) issues.
Most recently, members of our committee attended the
66th IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee (PCIC) held from September 9th through September 11th, 2019 in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada). During this
conference, they were invited to present during the Codes & Regulations Subcommittee Meeting and during the Standards Subcommittee Meeting. These presentations were on the topic of the "IECEx System in the US".
Previously, as part of the 2017 Annual Meetings of the IECEx System, on September 27, the USNC/IECEx committee hosted the
IECEx World Symposium: A Capital Idea. This symposium provided a forum for industry professionals to discuss U.S. and IEC principles, including
codes, Standards, and regulations for hazardous location (HazLoc) equipment and services.
Additional past IECEx educational initiatives have included the following:
- The IECEx System: How It Impacts the North America Hazardous Locations Industry, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, Volume: 24 , Issue: 1, Jan.-Feb. 2018
- Impact of the IECEx System on the North American Hazardous Locations Industry, 63rd IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee (PCIC) Technical Conference, 19-22 September 2016
- The Global Progress Toward One Standard, One Product, One Mark for Explosion-Protected Apparatus - the IECEx Scheme, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications , Volume: 38 , Issue: 6 , Nov/Dec
- The Global Progress Towards One Standard, One Product, One Mark for Explosion Protected Apparatus - the IECEx Scheme, 48th IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee (PCIC) Technical
Conference, 26-26 Sept. 2001
- The Impact of the IECEx Scheme on the Global Availability of Explosion Protected Apparatus - Update 2000 (Parts IV-VII), 35th IAS Annual Meeting and World Conference on Industrial
Applications of Electrical Energy, 8-12 Oct. 2000