Ex inspection and maintenance
Manufacturers producing new Ex equipment in accordance with their Ex equipment certification regime cannot be held responsible for actions taken during Ex inspection and maintenance required during the whole life cycle of the plant.
IECEx Certified Service Facilities Scheme provides Ex equipment
and Ex installations users, regulators and the community with confidence that Ex equipment and installations are properly inspected and maintained by an IECEx certified service facility in accordance with this scheme.
Ex service facilities that achieve IECEx certification are required to demonstrate compliance with stringent IECEx requirements including:
- Operational procedures and Ex inspection and maintenance techniques or methods that meet IECEx technical requirements encompassing IEC 60079-17
- Possession and maintenance in operating condition necessary facilities and equipment including test equipment and traceability of measurements
- IECEx Quality Management System (QMS) requirements based on ISO 9001
- Competent responsible persons and operatives with current competencies related to Ex equipment and Ex inspection and maintenance Standards or certification requirements, encompassing IEC 60079-17 and
Units of Competency Ex 004, Ex 007 and Ex 008 set
IECEx OD 504
- Others necessary for proper Ex inspection and maintenance
Applying for "Part 4" service facility certification
Ex service facilities involved in the inspection and maintenance of Ex equipment and installations can apply to ExCBs for service facility certification. However, at present, there are no U.S. ExCBs approved to provide this "Part 4" service.
Further information is available directly from the USNC/IECEx Secretary via the coordinates shown below...