The Cybersecurity Council develops and promotes cybersecurity standards, best practices, and sound government policies for electrical and medical imaging equipment to enable the full value of connected devices. Council activities include:
- Developing, recommending, and promoting voluntary industry consensus standards, guidelines, and other technical work projects
- Providing a collective industry voice on legislation and regulation
- Encouraging open dialogue and collaboration with end-users representing the markets that our member companies sell products and systems into
- Partnering and collaborating with government and nonprofit organizations involved in cybersecurity activities
- Serving as a coordinating/review body for NEMA Division-, Section-, or Council-specific cybersecurity activities
Government Relations Committee
Working in tandem with NEMA’s Government Relations and Communications Committee, the Cybersecurity Council’s Government Relations Committee (GRC) advocates for reasonable and flexible cybersecurity and data privacy policies on the state and federal levels. Comprised of both NEMA and MITA members, the GRC helps establish the electroindustry’s advocacy priorities around these issues and crafts strategies to advance those positions.
More information about the GRC and its work can be found here.
Join Now! | *Members Only
Staff Contact: Steve Griffith