The Cybersecurity Council develops and promotes cybersecurity Standards, best practices, and sound government policies for electrical and medical imaging equipment to enable the full value of connected devices. Council activities include:
- Developing, recommending, and promoting voluntary industry consensus Standards, guidelines, and other technical work projects
- Providing a collective industry voice on legislation and regulation
- Encouraging open dialogue and collaboration with end-users representing the markets that our Member companies sell products and systems into
- Partnering and collaborating with government and non-profit organizations involved in cybersecurity activities
- Serving as a coordinating/review body for NEMA Division-, Section-, or Council-specific cybersecurity activities
NEMA advocates for reasonable and flexible cybersecurity and data privacy policies at the Federal and state levels. NEMA has testified in front of Congress, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and state legislatures to promote NEMA Members’ positions in legislation and regulations. NEMA has successfully blocked overly burdensome Federal legislation.
Staff Contact: Steve Griffith