The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) develops performance and other Standards and technical documents; crafts and executes advocacy campaigns; and provides analytical products and services to assist member companies with business decisions.
Manager, Technical Services facilitates process effectiveness and performs document formatting and initial editing. Duties include executing timely balloting for NEMA-produced Standards and Standards produced jointly with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and recordkeeping of all technical documents during predefined stages of the technical work process. Incumbent will apply prescribed formats and writing style(s) to ensure timely production of clear and coherent documents that advance efficiently within the overall Standards process. The Manager will provide requisite organizational support, such as administering NEMA Standards website.
Manager, Technical Services reports to Technical Director, Operations. The incumbent also works closely with the Communications and Marketing Department for Standards editing/formatting and ultimate publication. Individual may assume additional tasks as needed.
The position is located at NEMA headquarters in Rosslyn, Virginia. There are minimal travel requirements associated with this position and occasional pre-arranged work outside of normal business hours.
I. Standards Processing and Technical Services Support
- Review and edit draft Standards and other technical documents for clarity, completeness, and ease of comprehension; convert documents into prescribed format to ensure consistency of appearance
- Develop and issue NEMA and ANSI electronic voting ballots, track Standard voting status to completion using Standards Website (Higher Logic)
- Prepare Standards for presentation and approval at Codes and Standards Committee meetings
- Support Senior Administrative Assistant in developing Codes and Standards Committee agendas, ballots, and other responsibilities as assigned
- Record and file documents in appropriate databases; make submissions to government agencies and other entities
II. Process Analysis and Improvement
- Track Standards and other technical intellectual property (IP) throughout the development cycle; prepare quarterly IP publication reports; propose innovative ways to drive quality and throughput
- Monitor Division/Section performance against defined metrics and technology
- Maintain assigned databases
- Collaborate with Communications and Brand Management Department for editing, publishing, and maintenance of print and electronic libraries
- Provide support for periodic ANSI accreditation audits
III. International Standards Process
- Manage international Standards adoption process, including handling requests from outside organizations
- Coordinate staff working on Technical Advisory Groups and propose innovative ways to drive consistency and quality in developing U.S. positions
Experience and Qualifications
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with Standards development processes strongly preferred, computer-based formatting a strong plus (e.g., Microsoft Word, XML)
- Produces timely and accurate work product, performs thorough self-review of same prior to submission
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to execute multiple projects to highest quality against demanding timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with ability to work alone and as part of team
- Demonstrated commitment to self-learning to advance personal professional goals
- Open-minded and collaborative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Higher Logic and ability to master new software applications quickly
NEMA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid holidays and personal time, flexible working hours, 401(k) plan, health/dental insurance, and partial pre-tax parking/Metro subsidy.
Interested individuals should send a current resume, specifying salary requirements, to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7432ce3b-9c91-4d10-b5f9-8b14c0b4bea8&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=419719&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D.