Maria B. Marks | Manager of Industry Relations, Siemens Industry
Active in the Fire Life Safety industry for over 25 years, Maria’s past positions include Account Executive for Fire and Mass Notification solutions, and National Business Development Manager for Tier Construction.
She is Vice Chair of the NEMA BS-SB Fire, Life Safety, Security and Emergency Communications Section. Maria is a member of the SFPE Editorial Board & Vice Chair of the SFPE Foundation Board of Governors. She is a member of the Board of
Visitors for the UMD Department of Fire Protection Engineering. Maria is a Past President of MD-DC-VA AFAA.
Technical Committee Representation: NFPA 72, NFPA 101/5000, NFPA 3000, NFPA 99, NFPA 915, NFPA 3/4, NFPA 1, NFPA 730/731
Mr. Roberts has more than thirty-five years of experience in the installation, sales, commissioning and product management of code compliant commercial fire alarm, carbon monoxide detection, emergency communication and security systems.
He is responsible for codes & standards development at the federal, state, and local level as well as legislation. Currently Mr. Roberts is serving on:
- 14 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Technical Committees
- 2 Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standards Technical Panels for carbon monoxide detection
- Member of numerous ICC Fire Code Action Committee (FCAC) working groups
- Board member of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Life Safety Section (FLSS)
- Member of the National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM) Model Codes Committee (MCC)
- Board member of the Center for Campus Fire Safety (CCFS)
- Board member of the Safer Buildings Coalition (SBC)
- Chair of the Safer Buildings Coalition (SBC) Government Affairs Committee
- Chair of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Building Codes Committee (BCC)
- Chair of the U.S. TAG to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) TC 21/SC 3 (Fire Detection and Alarm Systems)