Healthcare Facilities Council
NEMA established the Healthcare Facilities Council (HFC) to improve healthcare delivery environments while expanding market opportunities for manufacturers serving the healthcare facilities market.
The HFC provides a forum for professionals to share knowledge and best practices in healthcare delivery environments and execute projects that improve the healthcare, electrical, and medical imaging industries.
The Council’s work is focused on four primary areas:
- Networking: Provide a forum for professionals to share knowledge and best practices in the area of healthcare delivery environments
- Gaps and opportunities identification: Through dialogue and education, we identify and discuss issues, gaps, and opportunities encountered in the construction, maintenance, and retrofit of healthcare delivery environments
- Solution delivery: We engage Council Members to identify technological, technical, legislative, and regulatory solutions to address those issues, gaps, and opportunities
- Facilitate market adoption: We identify and engage external participants, including Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), to facilitate the adoption of those solutions
The HFC will be the forum of choice for manufacturers and healthcare professionals to discuss and address relevant gaps in electrical standards, policies, and products affecting excellence in the healthcare environment and delivery of care.
The HFC will enable NEMA and MITA Members to promote the safe and efficient use of their products and methods while helping improve healthcare delivery environments by:
(1) Engaging Council Members to identify technological, technical, legislative, and regulatory solutions to address electrical issues encountered in the building, maintenance, retrofit of healthcare delivery environments;
(2) Leveraging NEMA staff and resources to initiate and execute projects that will help deliver such solutions;
(3) Identify and engage external parties that are key to the delivery of healthcare; and
(4) Attract and retain Council Members with expertise across industries and trades.
- Atkore International
- Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc.
- GE Current, a Daintree company
- Legrand, North America
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- nVent Erico
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens Industry, Inc.