The Codes and Standards Committee is composed of technically knowledgeable representatives of NEMA member companies, appointed each year by the NEMA Standards and Conformity Assessment Policy Committee (SCAPC). Committee members represent a cross-section of the broadly diversified interests and products within NEMA. The officers of the committee are a chair and two to four vice chairs, all designated by the SCAPC.
The most important function of the committee is to review for approval and appropriate action all proposed standards, reports, or technical documents which are to be issued as representing NEMA positions.
After a NEMA subdivision has approved a standard by letter ballot, the proposed standard is reviewed by the committee to ensure that it had been coordinated with other NEMA standards, and that it conforms with NEMA policies and applicable laws.
2018 C&S Meetings
- February 1, 2018 (Webinar)
- March 14-15, 2018 (meetings will be held at Holiday Inn Rosslyn Hotel)
- June 7, 2018 (meeting will be held at Holiday Inn Rosslyn)
- August 22-23, 2018 (NEC Public Comment Reviews)
- November 13, 2018 (Webinar)
2019 C&S Meeting
All meetings are held at NEMA headquarters and begin at 8:30 AM unless noted otherwise.
- Please click here to view or download the manual.