Wiring Devices—Dimensional Specifications
Status: ActiveDocument ID: 100208
Covers the plugs, receptacles, and wall plates used
in most electrical installations in residential, commercial, and industrial
new configurations were added to offer increased safety for IT and datacenter applications and one configuration was modified:
new L25-30, 240 volts AC, 30 amperes, 2 pole, 3 wire, grounding type
new L26-30, 240/415 volts AC, 30 amperes, 3 phase Y, 4 pole, 5 wire,
There is a revised Figure 5-15 (Page 24) 125 volts, 15 Amperes, 2 pole, 3 wire,
grounding type to show a second construction for the plug employing polarized
Also changed as part of the transfer of the document to an autoCAD support are:
- revised dimensioning format for “reference” (REF) and “typical” (TYP)
dimensions to meet latest ANSI drafting standard, and
revised configuration dimensions to simplify the relationship between plug
and connector for insertion and locking positions.
Included in the online version is a new navigation tool that allows one to go from the Table of Contents to the selection chart for each of the three main wiring devices configuration categories. From there, by clicking on the desired configuration pictogram it will lead to detailed dimensional drawings. The user can return by using the backward pointing navigation arrows. Please note that the navigation tool arrows do not print.
Published Date: Apr.14.2016
Number of pages: 153
Document ID: 100208
Terms & Conditions
To display, copy and/or download a copy of the document you have requested, NEMA's permission is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you must agree to by clicking on the "I Accept" button below:
- I agree not to alter the publication in any way and agree not to change its electronic format.
- I agree not to sell or offer for sale the publication for a price or any other consideration.
- I agree not to display the publication on a public website or distribute the publication from a public website.
- I acknowledge that the copyright to this document belongs to the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), and that said copyright owner may revoke its permission or modify any of the foregoing terms and conditions at any time.
If you choose not to accept these terms and conditions, please exit this page.
ANSI/NEMA WD 6-2016