Residential and commercial controls are automatic
devices that are mechanically, electro-mechanically, electrically, or
electronically actuated to respond to temperature, pressure, humidity,
light, electrostatic effect, flow, or liquid level.
Components that enable these uses include:
- Automatic household controls
- Class 2 and 3 transformers designed primarily for use with residential controls
- Control transformers
- Inherent overload protective devices for fractional horsepower split phase and capacitor motors
- Motor-driven and other types of programming sequencing devices
- Panels for air-conditioning, refrigeration, and electric heating
- Relays that control the starting windings of fractional horsepower split phase and capacitor motors
NEMA Members manage the NEMA Energy Aware certification and labeling program for residential high-performance programmable thermostats.