Health Care Communications and Emergency Call Systems
Healthcare communications and emergency call systems
include nurse call, doctor paging, room monitoring, patient monitoring,
patient access control, and associated devices and accessories.
devices provide audible and visible communication between patients and
hospital personnel, including bedside tables, annunciators, power
supplies for nurse call systems, and gas monitoring units.
leading source of information on nurse call, doctor paging, and
emergency call systems, NEMA is the authoritative voice for
manufacturers and integrators of safe, reliable, and efficient
life-safety communication products.
- Develops technical Standards, codes, and
guidelines for healthcare communications and emergency call systems and
products, including those developed by the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), the International
Organization for Standardization (ISO), and the International Code
- Promotes government policies that encourage and enable technical innovations in the market
- Highlights the use of communications technology to enhance the safety of patients, residents, and staff in healthcare facilities
industry input on the modernization of UL 1069 and UL 2560 covering
hospitals and assisted living facilities, and spearheads efforts to
expand the use of fire and life-safety technologies in the National Electrical Code® (NEC), NFPA 99 and 101, and ICC
with certification organizations (e.g., UL, FM, ETL) on issues related
to testing, certification, and establishing effective dates for new
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Outpatient clinics
- Memory care facilities
- Senior and assisted living
- The following organizations serve as resources.