Commonwealth of Virginia
The Virginia 2018 Code Development Cycle is moving forward in accordance with the approved schedule. Due to restrictions on public gatherings and to help slow the spread of COVID-19, the Division of Building and Fire Regulations will not be conducting in-person meetings until further notice. Scheduled workgroup and sub-workgroup meeting dates have not changed, but all of these meetings will be held remotely online. Additionally, it is likely that the combined workgroup meeting scheduled for April 15, 2020 will not include all workgroups 1-4. DHCD staff is currently looking at dividing the regular online sessions into four separate days. The first meeting will remain on April 15, 2020 and will be for workgroup 1. Details for workgroup meetings 2-4 are forthcoming. All meeting information can be found on cdpVA.
Following are the most current meeting updates known at this time:
- The Board of Housing and Community Development (BHCD) intends to hold a public hearing regarding the proposed regulations for the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (13VAC5-63), Virginia Amusement Device Regulations (13VAC5-31) and the Virginia Industrialized Building Safety Regulations (13VAC5-91) on May 11, 2020. The board will also hold a joint hearing with the Virginia Fire Services Board (VFSB) regarding the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code (13VAC5-51).
- The Residential Uses Sub-workgroup meeting on March 26 @ 9:00 AM will be conducted remotely on Google Hangouts Meet.
- The Energy Code Sub-workgroup meeting on March 31 @ 9:30 AM will be conducted remotely on Adobe Connect.
Additional information from the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD):
- A full list of rescheduled or canceled DHCD events can be found on the DHCD Website.
- A list of all Virginia Building Officials (by jurisdiction) can be found here. This directory contains contact information for the Building Official for each jurisdiction, links to the jurisdiction's website, and if applicable, COVID-19 updates from the locality.
- The operational status of local building departments in Virginia can be accessed on the VBCOA website.
Please contact DHCD at email@example.com if you have any questions or need more information.
Contact: Bryan Holland, Bryan.Holland@nema.org