NEMA's Saudi Arabia Market Access Consortium was established to ensure that equipment manufactured to U.S. Standards can continue to be successfully imported into, used in, and manufactured in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) to serve the needs of the
industrial and infrastructure markets within the KSA. The consortium eliminates the market obstacles that are preventing members, local partners of members, or end-user customers within the KSA from importation, use, and manufacture. The consortium
also develops procedures to permit shipments to pass through customs on a routing and non-discriminatory basis.
- Include U.S. Standards as acceptable within the framework of SASO.
- Ensure open-market access allowing each member company or the designated partner of a member company to import freely, sell, use and manufacture products manufactured to U.S. Standards in the KSA.
- Increase the confidence of KSA officials that their national Standards and quality system effectively identifies and quarantines counterfeit and other low-quality electrical products, while recognizing and valuing the quality of NEMA members' products.
NEMA Outreach to MENA
- GE Industrial Solutions
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Lutron Electronics Company, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Thomas & Betts Corporation, a member of the ABB Group
Products: building systems, cable trays, commercial products,
conduit fittings, electrical meters, enclosures,
energy storage, industrial automation control products & systems,
lighting products & systems, motors & generators,
and power electronics