State of Wisconsin
The Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) - Division of Industry Services wishes to update you on the status of the SPS 316 Electrical Code Package (CR 16-093). The proposed code package has been adopted and is awaiting publication at the end of June 2018.
Here is a timeline of effective dates related to several parts of the code update:
- August 1, 2018: 2017 NEC adopted for commercial structures
- August 1, 2018: DSPS may begin accepting applications for registration as an electrical inspection agency. More information will be posted here in July 2018.
- March 1, 2019: Only registered inspection agencies may provide plan review, permit issuance, or inspections
- January 1, 2020: 2017 NEC adopted for one- and two-family dwellings
- January 1, 2020: statewide requirements for permits and inspections go into effect
The rules may be accessed on our website or on the Legislative Reference Bureau's (LRB) website here.
Contact: Don Iverson, email@example.com