State of Arkansas
The State of Arkansas Department of Labor announced the adoption of the 2014 NEC with an effective date of November 21, 2014.
010.13 Administrative Regulations of the Board of Electrical Examiners of the State of Arkansas
Amendment 1. Amend Rule 010.13-008 (A) and (B), dealing with the National Electrical Code, to read as follows:
010.13-008 The National Electrical Code
A. The Board hereby adopts and incorporates herein the National Electrical Code, 20112014 edition of the National Fire Protection Association.
B. The National Electrical Code, 2014, shall be the standard for the construction, installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical facilities and the performance of electrical work.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the 2014 National Electrical Code, arc fault circuit interrupters shall not be required in kitchens and laundry rooms.
Amendment 2. Amend Rule 010.13-022 to read as follows:
010.13-022 Effective Date, Repealer and History
A. Effective June 1, 2008 all previous regulations promulgated by the Board are hereby repealed.
B. The effective date of these regulations is June 1, 2008.
- The Board of Electrical Examiners first promulgated regulations effective September 12, 1979. These regulations were amended effective October 15, 1987.
- All previous rules and regulations of the Board were repealed and new rules and regulations were adopted effective January 1, 1992. These regulations were amended effective January 19, 1993; September 29, 1993; January 15, 1996; June 1, 1999; and July 1, 1999
- All previous rules and regulations of the Board were repealed and new rules and regulations were adopted effective September 1, 1999. These regulations were amended effective August 20, 2001; January 1, 2002; April 1, 2002; April 1, 2004; November 1, 2004; October 1, 2005; and June 1, 2006.
- All previous rules and regulations of the Board of Electrical Examiners were repealed and new rules and regulations were adopted effective June 1, 2008. [Note: Rule 010.13-019 was amended effective September 1, 2008 by adding subsection (E)].
- Regulations 010.13-009, 010.13-011, and 010.13-012 pertaining to Specialist Sign Electricians and examination fees were amended by emergency regulation effective July 31, 2009. These changes were adopted as permanent regulations effective February 1, 2010. Regulation 010.13-012(H)(5) was also added by the permanent regulation.
- Effective September 15, 2011 the following Rules were amended: Rule 010.13-008(B)(to update the National Electrical Code to the 2011 edition).
- Regulation 010.13-021 pertaining to the licensure of electrical inspectors, was adopted with an effective date of February 10, 2014.
- Effective November 21, 2014, Rule 010.13-008 was amended to update the National Electrical Code to the 2014 edition, with certain exceptions (dealing with arc fault circuit interrupters in kitchens and laundry rooms).
Contact: Don Iverson, firstname.lastname@example.org