Agfa HealthCare to highlight advances in department and enterprise image management efficiencies with multiple product launches
- North American launch of IMPAX Agility, a next generation departmental imaging platform designed for clinical productivity, will take center stage
- Elimination of boundaries to advance universal image and data sharing throughout the care continuum with ICIS VNA and ICIS View
- Continued excellence and new advancements in MUSICA image processing and DR portfolio, raising the bar for high confidence diagnoses
(RSNA, Booth 4737, South Hall) Agfa HealthCare announces that under the theme of "Images without Boundaries," the company will launch new products and advanced technologies at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting in Chicago, December 1-5, 2013. An imaging leader with thousands of DR/CR, PACS, and a full range of product installations at healthcare facilities across the globe, Agfa HealthCare is focused on enabling greater healthcare efficiencies and productivity. Continuing its commitment to workflow-centric solutions, the company will introduce new offerings that break down the barriers between departments and hospital groups along the care continuum, and further advance meaningful use of the EHR.
"Agfa HealthCare is successfully working with healthcare organizations across the globe to remove the unnecessary boundaries to image sharing and access, and to enable imaging to be a strategic asset throughout the patient care continuum," says Michael Green, president, Agfa HealthCare Americas Region. "With innovative technologies like Agfa HealthCare's acclaimed MUSICA digital radiography image processing and our newly introduced IMPAX Agility, we have proven that enhanced workflow advances knowledge sharing, and thus, the quality of healthcare. Our commitment to the professionals who practice Radiology drives our continued development of meaningful technologies to erase boundaries between patient information and those who need to view it."
During RSNA 2013, Agfa HealthCare will be displaying its complete portfolio of technologies across the ever-growing line-up of imaging systems, its radiology imaging informatics portfolio and enterprise imaging solutions.
Some of the key highlights for RSNA include:
- MUSICA - The diagnosis is in the details - A clear leader in advanced image processing and visualization of detail, Agfa HealthCare continues to innovate further advancements to its gold standard MUSICA image processing software. At RSNA 2013, the company will unveil advances in workflow efficiencies, image quality and dose management. Highlighted will be the recently introduced next generation of MUSICA with several new technology improvements such as no window level adjustment requirement, high level of details in the mediastinum and true representation of implants with clear bone interfaces, allowing confident and comfortable reading. We'll showcase MUSICA Catheter Processing, designed to increase the visibility of catheters and other low contrast, tube-like structures, enabling high contrast visualization for easier identification of precise PICC line placement.
- DX-D 100 - Proven to deliver excellence in mobile DR imaging, the DX-D 100 will feature new advancements that make it the system of choice by leading teaching hospitals around the world. With outstanding workflow and connectivity plus low noise and dose capabilities, the DX-D 100 delivers meaningful options for patients of all sizes and dose tolerations.
- DX-D Retrofit - A cost-effective and versatile direct radiography (DR) upgrade solution that facilitates efficient diagnosis, provides excellent image quality, improving workflow and productivity and, when used with Cesium Iodide (CsI) wireless detectors, offers dose reduction potential.
- IMPAX Agility - PACS. and Beyond. - This next generation IMPAX is a departmental imaging platform designed to improve productivity, reduce cost and facilitate quality outcomes. This comprehensive solution redesigns capabilities typically found in a Radiology Information System (RIS), multi-department Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), voice recognition reporting and connectivity into a single system.
IMPAX Agility streamlines navigation with a dynamic user interface and native diagnostic tools to support enhanced productivity. A powerful task-based workflow engine helps to ensure that users follow the appropriate steps for each procedure and circumstance, from ordering to result distribution. This supports the hospital in meeting regulatory obligations and workflow best practices, as well as improving clinical communication through mobile apps.
"We are very excited to show the investments we are making in the next generation IMPAX product line with IMPAX Agility at RSNA 2013," comments James Jay, Vice President and Global head of Imaging Informatics, Agfa HealthCare. "It is much more than a PACS; it is a modern IT platform with an innovative approach to consolidate and simplify IT integration efforts, which supports our vision of cost-saving image management across the healthcare continuum."
Enterprise and Regional Imaging
- ICIS - No image left behind - Image Informed Healthcare - ICIS is Agfa HealthCare's vendor-neutral enterprise and regional imaging solution.
ICIS creates a unified health imaging record to improve physician awareness and collaboration across the continuum of care. To achieve these benefits, ICIS enables caregivers to view the imaging record directly within their EHR, HIE, and PACS by consolidation, federating, and linking the imaging record across clinical, technical, regional boundaries.
The ICIS platform approach reduces deployment cost, deployment time, and solution complexity leading to a lower cost and better unified enterprise and regional imaging strategy.
Among the broad services offered by ICIS, Agfa HealthCare will showcase ICIS Workflow, VNA, View, and ICIS services that provide order driven point-of-care imaging acquisition workflow, intelligent centralized archiving, and state-of-the-art web viewing and distribution services.
ICIS is Visual Healthcare.