Director, Government Relations
Reports to Executive Director, Medical Imaging &Technology Alliance (MITA)
The Director of Government Relations leads MITA's federal advocacy efforts, developing and executing forward thinking strategies to support member policy objectives. The individual should possess creative thinking and strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to clearly articulate MITA's positions persuasively to policymakers. S/he will craft federal policy proposals to advance MITA's goals and generate support for positions among key stakeholders, building effective coalitions and supporting an active public relations effort.
The successful candidate is outcome-oriented, adept at balancing competing priorities, working in a fast-paced team environment, and building consensus solutions amongst a diverse membership group.
- Coordinates with the Vice President, Government Relations of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)
- Identifying and cultivating Congressional champions; educating members of Congress and staff on key issues in imaging and radiation therapy
- Assuring MITA positions are incorporated into any/all pending legislation and/or regulations in Congress and Executive Branch Agencies
- Developing and implementing strategies to achieve member objectives and building member consensus and support
- Building coalitions to advance industry relevant policy outcomes and enhancing MITA relevance across the government
- Providing advice and support for MITA member advocacy efforts
- Communicating political and policy developments to member executives and staff; leading weekly meetings among member company participants (e.g. WashReps)
- Managing the contributions of outside political consultants to include twice-yearly quantified cost-benefit analysis of their work
- Representing MITA and its members in active policy coalitions
- Advising the association's public relations and advertising efforts related to government affairs
- Advancing MITA regulatory positions to Congress, Agency and Administration officials; developing all Capitol Hill communications
- Planning and managing visits to Capitol Hill for member executives, as well as patient fly-in
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, MS/MA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience within health care policymaking or advocacy
- Experience working for Congress or Administration preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a writing style that is clear, concise and persuasive
- Keenest attention to detail and exceptional time management skills -- ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing group activities working in a team environment
- Highly ethical and hard working
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications
NEMA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid holidays, flexible working hours, 401(k) plan, health/dental insurance, and partial pre-tax parking/Metro subsidy. We are conveniently located near the Rosslyn Metro station. Interested individuals should send a current resume, specifying salary requirements, to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=10570421 or by fax to (703) 841-3314.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Accounting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: July 2014
The Staff Account supports the Director of Accounting and Assistant Director of Accounting in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department. Specifically, the Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by reconciling and analyzing accounts; maintains certain key sub-ledgers; assists with the management of employee benefits; manages NEMA accounts receivable collection reporting and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in accounting and a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, as well as demonstrated skills in using MS Office products and accounting related software – experience with Great Plains Dynamics desired. In addition the candidate should possess excellent verbal as well as written communication skills, the ability to think analytically and have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines are present.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations including but not limited to bank, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued expenses
- Analyzes and reports on material variances between actual and budgeted balances in the financial statements of NEMA
- Maintains capitalized asset and depreciation database
- Maintains database of contributions including supporting documentation
- Assists with employee benefit enrollment management
- Manages accounts receivable and reports on unpaid membership dues and updates customer relationship software as required
- Assists in the preparation of NEMA's quarterly and annual filings with federal and state agencies
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains chart of account listing
- Provides information to third-party service provider to enable background checks for job applicants
- Stores and purges documents in accordance with NEMA's document retention policy
- Scans documents into NEMA's database as needed
- Serves as the backup for payroll processing
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Proficiency in articulating oral and written reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience (not-for-profit experience preferred)
NEMA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including 11 paid holidays, flexible working hours, 401(k) plan, health/dental insurance, and partial pre-tax parking/Metro subsidy. We are conveniently located near the Rosslyn Metro station. Interested individuals should send a current resume, specifying salary requirements, to
https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=10157391 or by fax to (703) 841-3314.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EOE/M/F/V/D Grade 3